Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Visit to the Green Festival in NYC


I m spending some time in New York City right now and went to the Green Festival there. Here are my picks for the most intriguing finds:

  1.  HankyBook  – Hanky book is exactly what it is – a book of little handkerchiefs. This little book sections off pieces of handkerchief to blow your nose on and keeps them neatly packed inside a printed covering.  It is easier and neater than trying to fold over a traditional handkerchief after each use, in order to keep you face, pocket and/or purse clean.
  2. Care&s (pronounced “care ands”) – Anyone who had read my blog posts on crystal deodorants know that I am drawn to concentrated products. This one caught my attention, because it is the smallest does of laundry detergent I have seen and it reduces user-error by being pre-dosed. This product reduces packing, eliminates plastic packaging, reduces shipping weights and volumes, and decreases the chance of consumers adding too much detergent to the wash.
  3. My Conscience, My Choice -- The founder of this site is working on an app that allows users to scan a product’s bar code and then the app suggests an alternative/equivalent product that is more environmentally and socially conscious.
  4. Michelle Leon vegan belts and bags -- This fabric feels just like suede but is made from recycled film. The products are quite pricey, but will last a very long time because of the durability of the fabric. In addition to concentrated products, I am also a big fan of durable ones.
  5.  ReFleece – ReFleece turns old fleece into cases for our I-thingys and ebooks. ReFleece even plans on starting a Kickstarter campaign, where you can get YOUR old fleece made into an IPad case or whatnot.
Happy Springtime Everyone! Peas-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment